Thursday, January 19, 2012

Prairie doggin'

We've been all over Boulder this week, exploring the downtown, checking out all the gear shops and art supply stores and we even went down to Denver yesterday to stroll through the historic downtown.  The weather has been gorgeous, if a bit windy, but I won't complain since I got to go for a run in 60 degree sunshine this morning in shorts and a tank top.  Not too bad for January 19th!

Speaking of my run this morning, in my quest to find flatter terrain I went to a nice park at the base of the "hill" we're staying on and met these little guys:




They were everywhere!  I had the park mostly to myself this morning so I got to hang out with these guys and stop to watch the coyote that was looking for a little breakfast chomp.  I have to admit they were the highlight of my time here in Boulder so far.  That and the fact that I've realized I don't need to run the steep hill anymore :)  

Plus, you can't beat the views:




2 comments:

  1. Hello from Wyoming,

    Diane and I see that you are in the area and hope you can come and visit in Sheridan. Six hours from Boulder, which we really love.

    Lloyd and Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    We would love to come visit you! We were actually just talking about taking a detour up to see you and then looping up to see Bozeman. We'll be in Boulder for a couple more weeks, but if it works for you we'll plan on heading your way next!

    ReplyDelete