Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ready to go!

Four more days until we are officially on the road again!  I'm glad we waited until after daylight savings so that we won't have to battle 5pm sunsets anymore.  Not fun.  I've planned out the rest of the trip, including all of our destinations and campsites from here all the way up to Alaska.  

For those of you that haven't heard, we'll leave here on Saturday and take the next month to finish our travels in the lower 48--we'll hit up all the great parks in Utah, see vegas, stop in sequoia and yosemite national parks, then swing over to the pacific coastline to drive all the way up through California, Oregon, and Washington.  We've got a lot of biking on the list for those areas, but we'll see how the rain cooperates once we get there.  From Washington we are driving all the way up to Anchorage (I know, spring and summer temperatures are in the other direction) where we'll meet up with our friend Seth to help him with his phD research in Denali National Park.  We'll fly out onto one of the glaciers and ski between work sites, living on the glacier from April 21st or so until the end of May.  (This is where all of you that know my threshold for cold can kindly pick yourselves up off the floor and stop laughing at me).  It will be quite the adventure, and a great way to finish up our travels.  I'm sure I'll be more than ready by then to find a house and stay still for awhile!

We've had some visitors to the Boulder area since we got back from our Wyoming escapade.  We met up with Jesse in Denver a couple weekends ago and had a brief, but fun visit with him.

my favorite Denver building

two hooligans on the town

cutest bear sculpture ever

Seth came into town last week and Curtis finally got to get some climbing in.  They spent a day off by themselves in Denver last Tuesday and climbed out at Eldorado State Park.  On Friday, we drove down to Denver to spend the day with Seth and ended up at the Denver Zoo.  I had completely forgotten it was there, but we had a great time and it was a beautiful day to wander around the zoo checking out all the cool animals.  Of course, I didn't bring my camera but I did manage to snap a few shots with the phone.


This one's for Noah!




And the best of one the day.  

We met up again on Saturday with Seth and another friend so the three of them could climb at Eldorado and I had a lovely day running, hiking, and reading in the park.

pretty views from my lunch spot




Sadly, I have no awesome climbing action shots to share since I actually lost the guys for most of the day.  Oops!

We've spent the last couple weeks compiling gear for Alaska (thanks again Nick and Toni for diving into our storage unit and to mom and dad for shipping everything out).  Now we've even washed and vacuumed out the truck, stuck on a few more stickers, and have a few other minor things to take care of before we head out.  Four more days!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment